To users of this Site
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both us and you.
Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them.
Please note that references to 'we' means AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. trading as First Trust Bank and our subsidiaries and associates.
Where reference to 'AIB Group' is made, this means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., its subsidiaries and associated companies. This includes AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.
1. This Site is established in Northern Ireland in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of Northern Ireland and if any dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree to allow such dispute to be heard in the Northern Ireland courts.
2. We have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
3. Information about some of the products and services on this Site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
Any personal information you provide will be treated as private and confidential. We will not reveal your personal information except as expressly set out in our Privacy Statement (see below).
4. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
5. Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site.
Your Right to Privacy
6. You have a right to know how we (AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.) will use your personal information. It is important to read the following Collection and Use of Technical Information section.
Please note that references to “we” means AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Trading as First Trust Bank and our subsidiaries and associates.
Where reference to ‘AIB Group’ is made, this means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., its subsidiaries and associates. This includes AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.
Collection and Use of Information.
We will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your consent. We will let you know what we intend to do with your information before collecting it, so that you can decide whether or not to furnish that information to us.
Any information, which is provided by you, will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with current Data Protection legislation and regulation.
If at any time after giving us personal information you decide that you no longer wish us to hold or use this information, or in the case that the information becomes out of date, you are free to notify us, and we will remove or rectify the information within a reasonable time and in accordance with legislative requirements.
You acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, as well as to protect and defend our rights or property, and that of our licensors and/or our other customers.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded to ensure that we carry out your instructions correctly and to help improve the quality of our service and in the interests of security. You will always be informed when calls are being recorded.
Should you have any queries in relation to how we handle your personal information you can contact us at AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. First Trust Centre, 92 Ann Street, Belfast, BT1 3HH
International payments and certain domestic payments are made by us via the Belgium based Society for World Interbank Financial Telecommunication ("SWIFT"). SWIFT processes these types of payments on behalf of financial institutions worldwide and is currently the only organisation providing such a service. Records of all transactions processed by SWIFT in Belgium are replicated in a backup system ("mirror site") in the US, thereby maintaining a geographically separated back-up infrastructure to ensure that the continued operation of the SWIFT system is in line with international standards and supervisory requirements.
Following US legal subpoena(s) served on SWIFT, transaction data held in the US “mirror site” may be disclosed to the US government, its various departments and agencies (including law enforcement), or other national, state or international authorities for the purposes of combating terrorism and other serious crime. Therefore, any information you provide to us in order to effect a SWIFT payment could potentially be disclosed to US authorities, and by instructing us to execute a payment, you are implicitly giving your consent to such disclosure and agree that we shall have no liability to you in respect of any such disclosure.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time, and you should regularly check for any amendments.
Use of Technical Information
Cookies are files which are transferred to your computer’s hard disk by a website. Cookies can store information about your preferences and other information, which you need when you visit a website.
Statistical and analytical information collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers and logs provides us with general and not individually specific information. We will make no attempt to identify individual users, or to associate any technical information collected with any individual user.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from our website that we have no control over that other website. We have no responsibility for the privacy practices of other websites.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to amend this privacy statement at any time and you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.
Copyright, moral rights and limited reproduction notices
7. Main Copyright notices
Save where otherwise specified the contents of all the pages contained in the web site are © First Trust Bank 2006.
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of these pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions.
You may make an electronically stored, transient copy of these web pages for the purpose of viewing them on-line only.
8. Assertion of moral rights
Save where otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic works set out in the Pages contained in this Web site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of those works. Their identities are set out in the Pages containing their works.
9. Prohibition against copying art pages
The licences granted in relation to this Web site DO NOT APPLY to the contents of the AIB Art Pages except as specified in 7 above. ALL reproduction of these Pages is prohibited, including printing and downloading.
10. Licence To Copy To Paper Hard Disk Or Diskette For Personal Use
You may print or download to disk the contents of the First Trust Bank Web site Pages (other than those excepted from this licence under clause 9 above) for the purpose of private study. However, you may only make one copy thereof.
11. General exclusions from licence
This licence to copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of the First Trust Bank Web site Pages may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No part of these Web site Pages may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system.
12. Exclusion of Liability
The information contained in the Pages contained in this web site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation First Trust Bank its subsidiaries and associated companies do not make any warranties or representations as to their accuracy or reliability. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility in relation to the contents of these Pages which should not be relied upon as accurate.
The pages contained in this Web site may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information in these Pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in these Pages up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Use of this Web site shall be made subject only to the laws of Northern Ireland which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use.
The courts of Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this Web site and its use.
Where national regulatory authorities have jurisdiction over the contents of this web site First Trust Bank and its subsidaries have attempted to ensure compliance with the requirements of such regulatory body. However, some of the information in the pages contained in this web site is not to be accessed from certain jurisdictions and you should note that no representation or warranty is made as to whether the information available in this web site complies with the regulatory regime of countries from which the pages in this web site should not be accessed.
Back to top