Welcome to AIB Isle of Man & Jersey
Below we provide you with information about AIB Bank (CI) Limited and its subsidiaries that provide products and services described on this Site. We also set out details of relevant dispute resolution schemes and financial compensation schemes.
1. AIB Jersey & Isle of Man, AIB Jersey and AIB Isle of Man are registered business names of the Bank in Jersey and the Isle of Man.
2. AIB Bank (CI) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Investment Business Services are provided by AIB Bank (CI) Limited.
3. The Isle of Man branch of AIB Bank (CI) Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission.
4. If your account is held with the Jersey office of AIB Bank (CI) Limited, the home jurisdiction of that account is Jersey. AIB Bank (CI) Limited is incorporated in Jersey, where it has its principal place of business with registered number 22189. Its registered office is at AIB House, 25 Esplanade, St Helier, Jersey JE1 2AB. The Bank's audited, consolidated paid up capital and reserves exceeded £99.2 million as at 31 December 2012.
5. If your account is held with the Isle of Man branch of AIB Bank (CI) Limited, the home jurisdiction of that account is the Isle of Man. AIB Bank (CI) Limited is registered in the Isle of Man as a foreign company having a place of business in the Isle of Man with registered number 004689F. The business address of the Isle of Man branch is 10 Finch Road, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 2PT.
6. AIB Bank (CI) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. which is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. The term AIB Group comprises Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and its subsidiaries. AIB Bank (CI) Limited places funds with other parts of the AIB Group and thus its financial standing is linked to that of the Group. Depositors may wish to form their own view on the financial standing of AIB Bank (CI) Limited and the Group based on publicly available information. The latest audited Summary Financial Statement of AIB Bank (CI) Limited may be obtained by contacting AIB Bank (CI) Limited at the addresses above or by clicking the download at the foot of this page. The latest report and accounts for the Group are available on the AIB Group website at www.aibgroup.com.
7. Financial Compensation Schemes: AIB Bank (CI) Limited is a participant in the Jersey Bank Depositors Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the Scheme and banking groups covered are available on the States of Jersey website: www.gov.je/dcs or on request.
The Isle of Man branch of the Bank is a participant of the Isle of Man Depositors' Compensation Scheme as set out in the Compensation of Depositors Regulations 2010. The Scheme offers customers of each participating institution protection for deposits of up to £50,000 per individual depositor and in any other case such as trust, nominees, corporate entities £20,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £200,000,000 in any 10 year period. Further information about the Scheme is available at www.gov.im or on request.
8. Dispute Resolution Schemes: If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive please contact us at the relevant address given above. AIB Bank (CI) Limited has an internal complaints procedure. We treat all complaints seriously and will investigate and aim to resolve any complaint made. Complaints made by private individuals that cannot be settled by the Isle of Man branch of AIB Bank (CI) Limited can be referred to the Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme for the Isle of Man which may be contacted at: The Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme, Government Buildings, Lord Street, Douglas, Isle of Man. There is no equivalent dispute resolution scheme in Jersey, however customers with accounts held with the Jersey office of AIB Bank (CI) Limited may refer any complaint to the Jersey Financial Services Commission, PO Box 267, 14-18 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8TP.
9. Deposits made with the offices of AIB Bank (CI) Limited in Jersey or with its branch in the Isle of Man are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). Neither AIB Bank (CI) Limited nor its branch in the Isle of Man are authorised by the UK Financial Services Authority under the FSMA. The protections conferred by the FSMA do not apply to any promotion of our services nor to any activity that may be engaged in as a result of the promotion of our services.
V1. April 2013
To view the latest audited Summary Financial Statement of AIB Bank (CI) Limited please click on the link below.
We have taken all reasonable steps to exclude viruses from this file, but we cannot guarantee such exclusion and you should therefore take appropriate steps in respect of any such risk.